Announcing…The Doomlings Compendium! ✨
THE DOOMLINGS COMPENDIUM!
We have been working on a secret project for several months now and we are so excited to reveal it today. Some folks in the community have already found it, but officially, here it is: the Doomlings Compendium!
WHAT IS IT?
The Doomlings Compendium is an online database of all the ages, traits, and Meaning of Life cards in the game.
HOW DOES THE SEARCH BAR WORK?
Use the search bar when you want to pull up traits by name, effect or flavor text. “One of the cards has a joke about dating, but I can’t remember what it is.” Type “dating” into search! “How many cards tell you to draw cards?” Type “draw” into search! “I just want to see Appealing.” Type…OK, you get it.
WHAT ARE THE FILTERS?
- Collection: Use this filter to see all cards in each individual expansion set. You can also choose “Classic” to see all of the base game cards, and “KSE” to see all of the Kickstarter Exclusive cards
- Card Type: Filter by trait, age, or sign (the card type introduced in the Meaning of Life expansion).
- Subtype: Pull up all of the traits with actions, or ones that don’t have any effects. See all of the dominant traits. Whittle down your trait list by effect type: Gene Pool modifiers, attachments, etc.
- Color: Find all traits of each individual color (blue, green, red, purple), multi-color cards like Motley, and colorless cards.
- Points: Show me those heavy-hitters with face values that are worth 6 or more.
PICK A CARD
You can also click on the “pick a card, any card” button. The site will randomly select a card and take you to its profile page.
The Compendium, like the Online Score Tool, was developed with the community in mind. Whether you want to quickly tally points or methodically research cards, our hope is that you enjoy the world you’re helping us build.
THE TRAIT IDEA CONTEST WINNER!
We were blown away when hundreds of you came to us with your trait ideas, and we were blown away AGAIN when THOUSANDS of you voted on the final 5. So, who won? Did voters have Mind Control on the brain? Did they look past black cat superstition for Panther? Were they compelled by Biomineralization or Axolotl after doing some Googling? (You know you did - we did, too.)
Each of the final 5 got HUNDREDS of votes, but the winner is…ah, you know, we don’t feel like announcing it right now. Maybe later.
Just kidding! Congratulations to Jim Sklena and his entry, PROCRASTINATION! It turns out a relatable trait paired with one of the cutest zoo animals (a sloth) made for a winning combination. Now, it’s time for Jim and Justus to make this thing! (Fingers crossed we all get a sneak peek in the next couple of weeks.)
Justus, Andrew, Eric & Chris